Caythorpe Health Check
As members of CIT our purpose is “To put learners first every time”, this requires us to maintain the highest standards of education and care for all children. CIT ensures that each school within the trust has a Health Check on an annual basis to assess a wide range of school activities and measure the progress that is being made.
At our recent ‘Health Check’ it was agreed that the school is performing at a good standard overall. Here is a summary of strengths and areas to develop identified during the review.
- Behaviour for learning throughout school was a credit to the staff and pupils.
- Extremely positive relationships between staff and pupils ensure that learning and behaviour throughout the day is good.
- The Senior Leadership Team has implemented effective processes and systems and has the capacity to implement future change and improvements.
- The school has a system in place to identify and track pupils eligible for Pupil Premium which shows the interventions in place and how pupil premium money is being spent.
- The school has a vibrant learning environment, which enhances and celebrates pupils learning.
Areas to develop:
- Leaders, at all levels, now need to monitor and measure the impact of actions and changes.
- In year data will be used by all staff to inform decisions and highlight appropriate next steps.
- There were some inconsistencies in pupil’s responses to marking – time needs be built into lessons for children to respond to teachers comments.
- Branch out and make links with other schools to share ideas and moderate pupils work.