CIT Health Check
As members of CIT our purpose is “To put learners first every time”, this requires us to maintain the highest standards of education and care for all of our pupils. CIT ensures that each school within the trust has a Health Check on an annual basis. The Health Check forms the basis on which the school’s trajectory is measured and is used to assess a full range of school activities.
We recently had our ‘Health Check’ which involved a team of CIT and independent Headteachers visiting our school to validate our progress so far. Here is a summary of the strengths and areas to develop identified during the review.
- Pupil’s dispositions and attitudes towards learning are strong and staff are committed to continuous school improvement.
- Leadership is good at all levels.
- Pupil’s books show that good progress is being made across the school and pupils are responding to marking consistently.
- The school has a vibrant learning environment, which enhances and celebrates pupils learning.
Areas to develop:
- Provide Middle Leaders with relevant opportunities and training to further develop their role.
- Develop the flow and structure of lessons within specific year groups to ensure pupils always have a clear purpose for learning.
- Expand the achievement of greater depth in Reading, Writing and Maths combined.
- Encourage children to share their love of learning with visitors.
A full written report is available on the school website.